Twitter for C++ Programmers
I've recently got an idea to write a small post for programmers who use Twitter or consider using it. I hope you will find this post useful and interesting.
I ignored Twitter for a very long time because it didn't seem to be of any interest at all. I tried to get started with it once, but I found it just a collection of meaningless pieces of information, cats' photos and people's opinions on subjects I was absolutely indifferent to. I tried to find someone to follow, but the only thing that occurred to me was to follow Mikhail Zadornov's page (he's the Russian humorist). So, we failed to become friends with Twitter at first.
However, I gradually grew familiar with it and even managed somehow to get over two thousands of followers. But that's not the point. Now I'll be brief and tell you what it's all about.
So, here you are, a C++ programmer, wondering if you might discover anything interesting on Twitter. I have a few tips for you.
First of all, you can use hashtags to search for interesting posts. This means also that you can subscribe to pages of those authors whose links and comments you like to read. Consider the following tags:
- #VS2012 , #VS2013
Perhaps you will also like to follow these people/organizations:
- Me first of all, of course. Andrey Karpov - @Code_Analysis - The main direction of our activity is static analysis of source code of applications written in C/C++/C++11.
- Visual Studio Tricks - @VSTricks - (Unofficial) Visual Studio Tricks by #ScreenCast.
- C++ Highlights - @cpphl - Linkblog about C++ and related tools and libraries: C++11, gcc, Clang, STL, Boost, Qt, POCO, Visual Studio etc.
- VisualStudio - @VisualStudio - Follow us for the latest Visual Studio news and related information for developers.
- James McNellis - @JamesMcNellis - C++ maven and generic programming aficionado. Lover of classical music and scotch. Senior engineer on the Microsoft Visual C++ team.
- meetingcpp - @meetingcpp - Meeting C++ - European C++ Conference in Fall in Germany!
- Standard C++ - @isocpp - ISO C++ standards committee - ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG21.
- Andrei Alexandrescu - @incomputable - Please refer to my website for bio and contact information.
- Sasha Goldshtein - @goldshtn - CTO of SELA Group, Microsoft C# MVP. Work interests: .NET internals, Windows internals, and production debugging. And also: reading, writing, and executing.
- John Carmack - @ID_AA_Carmack - Oculus VR CTO.
- Silviu Ardelean - @silviuardelean - C++ Software Engineer.
- Visual C++ - @visualc - We are the Visual C++ team working in Visual Studio. Eric Battalio (@ebattalio) manages communication, etc.
- Adam Sawicki - @Reg__ - Graphics Software Engineer.
- Intel Software Blog - @intelswblog - Auto-tweets for new blog posts on the Intel Software Network Blog.