PVS-Studio is a static analyzer that detects errors in source code of C/C++/C++11 applications. There are sets of rules included into PVS-Studio:
- General-purpose diagnosis
- Detection of possible optimizations
- Diagnosis of 64-bit errors (Viva64)
- Diagnosis of parallel errors (VivaMP)
To learn more about each type of diagnosis, visit the corresponding pages.
The methodology of static code analysis we employ has significant advantages over other types of analysis since it allows you to cover the whole program code. The procedure of code check cannot damage the code itself in any way. The analysis process is completely controlled by person and it is the programmer who decides if it needs modification.
You can see or download a presentation about PVS-Studio.
Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio and Embarcadero RAD Studio
The PVS-Studio tool is intended for developers of contemporary applications and it integrates into the Visual Studio 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005 and Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4, XE3, XE2, XE, 2010, 2009 environments providing the programmer with a convenient user interface to analyze files, navigate through code and get reference information. You do not need to study documentation and settings preliminarily to work with the analyzer. The analyzer is ready to work right after it is installed.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005;
- Integration with Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4, XE3, XE2, XE, 2010, 2009;
- incremental analysis is the automatic triggering of the analyzer at the moment immediately after compilation commences at developer's local system;
- saving and loading of analysis results;
- capability of command line launch;
- support of all cores and processors;
- estimate of complexity of 64-bit code migration;
- interactive filters;
- convenient integration into the team development process;
- marking of program text with the purpose of checking new code only.
- Easy-to-download! You may download the PVS-Studio distribution package without registering and filling in any forms.
- Easy-to-try! The PVS-Studio program is implemented as a plug-in for Visual Studio and Embarcadero RAD Studio. The program is simple to install and does not require special setting before getting started.
- Easy-to-buy! Unlike other code analyzers, we have simple pricing and licensing policy. We will not ask you what size your application's code is or thrust training courses on you by phone. You decide what you need on the order page, pay the purchase and get the registration key by e-mail.
- Easy-to-support! It is the analyzer's developers who directly communicate with users, which enables you to quickly get answers to even complicated questions related to programming.
Supported languages and dialects
|Visual Studio 2013||C, C++, C++11, C++/CX (WinRT)|
|Visual Studio 2012||C, C++, C++11, C++/CX (WinRT)|
|Visual Studio 2010||C, C++, C++0x|
|Visual Studio 2008||C, C++|
|Visual Studio 2005||C, C++|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4||C, C++, C++11, 64-bit compiler included|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3 Update 1||C, C++, C++11, 64-bit compiler included|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2||C, C++, C++0x|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio XE||C, C++|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010||C, C++|
|Embarcadero RAD Studio 2009||C, C++|
|MinGW||C, C++, C++11|