PVS-Studio is a static analyzer that detects errors in source code of C/C++/C++11 applications. The PVS-Studio tool integrates into the Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 environment.
You can learn more about PVS-Studio's capabilities by visiting the product's main page and from the documentation. You can also download a full-function demo version of PVS-Studio.
About static code analysis
Examples of using PVS-Studio
- Article "100 bugs in Open Source C/C++ projects".
- Three checks of the IPP Samples project. The articles are very good in demonstrating the intense development of the PVS-Studio analyzer's capabilities: N1, N2, N3.
- Article "Analyzing the Blender project with PVS-Studio".
- Article "Analyzing the Quake III Arena GPL project"
- Checking some other projects: Qt, Firefox, Clang, WinMerge, Miranda IM, Fennec Media Project, Chromium, Apache HTTP Server, TortoiseSVN, ReactOS.
We constantly analyze various open-source projects and are grateful to our readers who send us links to interesting projects. If you have a project to offer us for analysis, please read this and write to us.
Resources created by the PVS-Studio developers' team
First of all, we would like to invite you to our twitter @Code_Analysis devoted to C/C++ programming and static code analysis. There you will learn about the news of the C/C++ world and our new articles.
Please consider the most interesting articles:
You can find other interesting materials in our blog and the articles section. See the knowledge base too.
- Tips on speeding up PVS-Studio.
- FAQ for those who have read our articles.
- Viva64.com site map. A lot of interesting to be found here.
- We are on Reddit: /r/viva64.