All about PVS-Studio
- About static code analysis
- Examples of using PVS-Studio
- Resources created by the PVS-Studio developers' team
PVS-Studio is a static analyzer that detects errors in source code of C/C++/C++11 applications. The PVS-Studio tool integrates into the Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 environment.
About static code analysis
- Article in the terminology section: Static code analysis.
- John Carmack's article: Static Code Analysis.
- Static code analysis: reviews of various articles.
- Myths about static analysis: N1, N2, N3, N4, N5.
- List of static analyzers on Wikipedia: List of tools for static code analysis.
Examples of using PVS-Studio
- Article "100 bugs in Open Source C/C++ projects".
- Three checks of the IPP Samples project. The articles are very good in demonstrating the intense development of the PVS-Studio analyzer's capabilities: N1, N2, N3.
- Article "Analyzing the Blender project with PVS-Studio".
- Article "Analyzing the Quake III Arena GPL project"
- Checking some other projects: Qt, Firefox, Clang, WinMerge, Miranda IM, Fennec Media Project, Chromium, Apache HTTP Server, TortoiseSVN, ReactOS.
We constantly analyze various open-source projects and are grateful to our readers who send us links to interesting projects. If you have a project to offer us for analysis, please read this and write to us.
Resources created by the PVS-Studio developers' team
First of all, we would like to invite you to our twitter @Code_Analysis devoted to C/C++ programming and static code analysis. There you will learn about the news of the C/C++ world and our new articles.
Please consider the most interesting articles:
- Lessons on development of 64-bit C/C++ applications.
- How to make fewer errors at the stage of code writing. Part N1, N2, N3, N4.
- Wade not in unknown waters. Part one. Explicit constructor call.
- Wade not in unknown waters. Part two. Attacking printf.
- Wade not in unknown waters. Part three. Let's speak on shift operators <<, >>.
- A Collection of Examples of 64-bit Errors in Real Programs.
- Is it reasonable to use the prefix increment operator ++it instead of postfix operator it++ for iterators?
- 32 OpenMP Traps For C++ Developers.
- Tips on speeding up PVS-Studio.
- FAQ for those who have read our articles.
- Viva64.com site map. A lot of interesting to be found here.
- We are on Reddit: /r/viva64.
- Feedback form: http://www.viva64.com/en/about-feedback/
- E-mail: support[@]viva64.com